Sanjvee advises ultra high net worth / high net worth individuals and families on their global estate, succession and tax planning affairs. From a geographic perspective, Sanjvee’s practice is very diverse as it includes UK resident clients who may or may not be domiciled in the UK and international families originating from the Middle East, Europe, Africa or Asia, who are likely to have family members living and/or assets located in a number of countries. Many of Sanjvee’s clients also have US tax connections.
Given the truly international nature of Sanjvee’s practice, she is regularly advising on and handling complex cross-border tax, succession and estate planning matters. This often includes obtaining and co-ordinating all of the cross-border aspects for clients, including the implementation of optimal cross-border solutions.
Sanjvee has substantial expertise on wealth protection matters more generally and guides clients on how to protect the dilution of family wealth from non-tax risks such as sibling rivalry, family disputes, and divorce. Advice in this context often extends to succession planning including the creation of bespoke asset holding structures which provide secure and robust mechanisms to transfer family wealth from one generation to the next.
Sanjvee advises professional trustees on a wide range of trust and wealth preservation aspects, UK tax, governance and succession planning issues. Sanjvee can also assist families who wish to create family offices or private investment offices in the UK.
Sanjvee’s clients value her technical strength, sound judgement, ability to deal with delicate matters with empathy and a pragmatic and commercial approach.
- Advised a UHNW non-UK domiciled international family on a substantial cross-border estate planning exercise following a liquidity event, which includes the creation of several bespoke family trusts in a number of jurisdictions and the establishment of a private trust company
- Advised a non-UK resident and domiciled HNW individual on UK tax and trust matters in connection with his Jersey family trust, non-UK trading companies and his significant UK residential property portfolio
- Advised an UHNW client on an extensive pre-arrival planning exercise, in light of his move to the UK from a European jurisdiction which includes the establishment of several offshore trusts for succession planning and wealth protection advantages
- Advised a UHNW Middle Eastern client on a complex cross-border estate planning exercise for his global assets in several jurisdictions, taking into account that some family members are US persons
- Advised a UHNW couple from East Africa on optimal asset holding structures and global estate planning arrangements for their substantial assets that are robust from a wealth protection perspective
Sanjvee trained at Allen & Overy and joined their Private Client team on qualification where she stayed for over 4 years before moving to Speechly Bircham where she was promoted to the partnership in 2009. Before joining Wedlake Bell, Sanjvee was a partner at Taylor Wessing for almost 11 years.