T: +44 (0)20 7406 1637
Petra has considerable litigation and transactional experience in the art, cultural property and luxury markets, acting on behalf of a wide range of private clients, businesses and institutions. Petra’s non-contentious practice involves advising clients on buying, selling and lending art and luxury assets, drafting commercial agreements and terms and conditions of business. Her dispute resolution work often involves complex issues of title, history, provenance, attribution, authenticity and value of works of art and cultural property in an international context.
- Acting for and against galleries and auction houses in disputes involving authenticity, misattribution, title and payment.
- Advising artists in negotiating gallery representation agreements, protecting their intellectual property and resolving disputes when they arise.
- Acting for collectors in claims to ownership of artworks and cultural property and in buying and selling works of art and luxury assets.
- Wedlake Bell LLP since November 2022
- Charles Russell Speechlys LLP 2021 – 2022
- Hunters Law LLP 2014 – 2021
Officer of the International Bar Association’s Art, Cultural Institutions and Heritage Law Committee. Member of Art Resolve, Association of Women in the Arts (AWITA), Professional Advisors to the International Art Market (PAIAM) and the Institute of Art and Law (IAL).
- Chambers UK, Associate to Watch, 2023
- Chambers HNW, Associate to Watch, 2023