Lindy has experience handling a wide range of real estate matters including asset management and investment and development work representing a diverse client base ranging from multinationals and institutions to entrepreneurs and private individuals.
Currently Lindy concentrates on larger projects and infrastructure assets, with a particular focus on the ports industry, and her work often includes related advice on commercial contracts, planning and development issues.
Lindy’s experience includes:
- Acting for a major UK port in relation to real estate development and management matters, commercial arrangements and nationally significant infrastructure projects.
- Acting as part of a panel of law firms on the launch of the largest ever UK property fund worth over £2.7 billion investing in UK commercial property across all major sectors (industrials, offices, retail warehouses, shopping centres) and regions.
- Advising a multinational company on its withdrawal strategy from the UK retail property market.
- Acting for a local authority on the disposal of land and buildings for the purpose of a hotel redevelopment encompassing issues including listed buildings, archaeological investigations, a compulsory purchase order and the negotiating and variation of the rights of various affected parties.
- Advising on the disposal of a large site in various parcels to developers for residential and commercial projects, and existing occupants for ongoing industrial and warehouse uses.
Lindy joined Wedlake Bell in July 2020.
Lindy has a law degree from the University of Bristol and completed the Legal Practice Course with distinction at College of Law, Moorgate. She completed her training contract at Davies Arnold Cooper (now DAC Beachcroft) and became a senior associate in the commercial property team prior to joining Wedlake Bell.