T: +44 (0)20 7406 1666
Leah is a Partner in the property team. She advises on all aspects of commercial property but has particular expertise in institutional investment, mixed use development and retail.
Leah acts for property developers involving acquisitions, advice in connection with planning and other statutory agreements, negotiating agreements for lease and forward sale agreements and financing. She also acts for institutional investors on acquisitions and sales (single sites and portfolios), development work and the associated management work and retail occupiers on sales and advising on any associated fit out requirements.
- Acting for Hugo Boss on the acquisition of various new stores including flagship stores in Regent Street, New Bond Street and Sloane Square.
- Acting for Hugo Boss on a portfolio purchase involving 18 stores.
- Acting for Hale Village Properties in connection with one of the largest developments in Haringey.
- Acting for a pension fund on the sale of a large mixed use portfolio with a value in excess of £280m
- Acting for a US based pension fund and advising on various disposals which included the dismantling of a complex stamp duty savings scheme.
- Acting for an investor client in the transfer of 60 properties to a bank as part of the re-structuring of the investor client.
Leah joined Wedlake Bell in January 2016. She was previously at Druces LLP where she trained and qualified in 2003.
Leah has a degree in Law from The University of Reading.
"Leah was named a recommended lawyer"
— Legal 500, 2014
"Leah Freeman is like our in-house lawyer, she completely understands retail and our business."
— Legal 500, 2021
Flash update – Tenants cannot assign to their guarantors