T: +44 (0)20 7674 0578
Jenny is a specialist Private Client lawyer providing advice on wealth protection strategies during lifetime and on death through Will drafting, the creation of trusts and advising on lifetime giving.
Jenny works for a wide range of clients from families with inherited wealth to entrepreneurs. She also advises those in their twilight years on managing money down the family line and on issues concerning mental capacity including the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection work.
Jenny acts as an executor for her deceased clients and as a trustee for family trusts.
- Advising on and preparing Wills for a married couple with complex asset structures and family circumstances. Advising on the availability of business property relief, agricultural property relief and protection from claims against the estate.
- Advising on wealth protection strategies through a combination of gifts, lifetime trusts and advice on the devolution of assets, such as life insurance policies and pension benefits, through trusts and nominations.
- Acting as a trustee for a family trust with a significant asset base, working with the land manager, accountant and financial advisors to maximise the trust’s potential to protect the financial future for the current and future generations of beneficiaries.
- Acting as an executor and advising on the administration of estates including negotiating with HMRC on the availability of inheritance tax relief for lifetime gifts and over business assets, and advice relating to deeds of variation to alter the terms of the deceased’s Will.
- Acting as an independent administrator for an estate where the Will is in dispute and the family is not in a position to agree a way forward.
- Acted in the reported case PQ and another v RS and others  EWHC 1643 (Ch)
Jenny qualified in 2000. She became a partner at Hyde Mahon Bridges in 2007 who merged with Cumberland Ellis LLP and she joined Wedlake Bell LLP from Cumberland Ellis LLP when the firms merged in April 2012.
Jenny has a degree in Law from Nottingham Trent University, she also completed the Legal Practice Course at BPP London.
“The Residence Nil Rate Band”, Financial Times.
“Probate fees”, Spears.
“Family affair article“, Private Client Journal
"Jenny Cutts is ‘very good with clients. She has a modern approach to old family problems. She is very aware of the costs of the service and what is considered good value’."
— Legal 500, 2017
Inheritance Tax planning under the spotlight
HMRC’s Trust Register
Election kills probate ‘stealth tax’
New Inheritance Tax Relief for the Family Home
Should I give my children a lump sum now?
Bureaucracy unlikely to stop abuse of trusts
Wedlake Bell responds to plans for a central UK trusts register
A family affair
CGT: has second home “flipping” had its day?
Brexit and making a will for your EU assets