Hilary specialises in asset and acquisition finance. She has acted for financial institutions and corporate borrowers on a wide range of syndicated and bilateral financings often involving cross-border elements. Since joining Wedlake Bell she has acted primarily on property financings (for both investment and development purposes) and acquisition financings.
Hilary also has considerable experience of borrowing base facilities, having acted for various oil and gas exploration and production companies on numerous financings.
- Acting for the lender on a £20m financing relating to acquisition and invoice discounting facilities advanced to a recruitment business.
- Acting for a leading chemist chain in connection with a club financing relating to a £160m acquisition facility.
- Acting for a restaurant chain on a working capital and capex facility to enable it to fund its continuing expansion predominantly in London.
- Acting for a joint venture vehicle on a £38.5m refinancing relating to the acquisition of a portfolio of distressed debt.
- Acting for a private property investment company on a £30m development financing relating to prime residential property in central London.
Hilary heads Wedlake Bell’s banking team. She qualified at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in 1992 and joined Wedlake Bell in 1997, becoming a partner in 2000. As part of her post qualification experience Hilary spent over two years in Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer’s Paris office gaining experience of aircraft finance work and is fluent in French.
Hilary has a degree in Law from Oxford University.