T: +44 (0)20 7395 3179
Clare advises both UK based and international individuals, trustees, beneficiaries and their advisers on tax, trusts, estate planning and succession issues.
She acts for high net worth individuals and families on the establishment and use of trusts and other structures for succession and estate planning purposes and has particular experience in advising Middle Eastern families on structuring their family assets (including Sharia compliant structures) as well as entrepreneurs, business executives and shareholders of privately owned companies. Clare also advises on Wills and general UK trust law matters and acts as a trustee.
- Advising individuals and trustees on structuring of high value residential real estate in the UK following recent changes in UK tax legislation.
- Advising on UK IHT planning and trusts for non-UK domiciliaries ahead of becoming UK deemed domiciled.
- Advising on variety of complex trust law matters for a large UK based family.
- Drafting and advising on complex Wills and detailed letters of wishes for family with financial and matrimonial concerns for their children.
- Advising a private company shareholder on tax planning and trust issues ahead of a planned sale of the company.
Clare obtained a degree in LLB Law from the university of Southampton. She qualified as a solicitor in 2004 having trained at Speechly Bircham LLP. She was a Senior Associate in the Private Wealth department at international law firm Trowers & Hamlins LLP before joining Wedlake Bell in 2015.
She is a full member of STEP (The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) and has been named one of the country’s ” Top 35 under 35 Private Client lawyers” by eprivateclient.
Estate Planning for the Complex Client seminar on 14 May 2019
Caroline Miller and Clare Armitage: Advising complex clients – Professional Adviser 29/04/2019
Clare Armitage profile
Declaring Offshore Assets? Tick it off your summer check list…