Charley deals with all elements of residential conveyancing, including the acquisition, disposal and refinancing of both freehold and leasehold properties, together with non-contentious Landlord and Tenant matters, voluntary lease extensions and licenses.
She acts on a wide variety of high value properties (with a particular focus on the Prime and Super Prime market) both in and out of London for a range of clients, including national and international corporate and individual clients, owner-occupiers, developers and investors as well as first time buyers.
Charley also advises borrowers and lenders on property finance transactions and has experience working with leading high street lenders and private banks.
- Sale of manor house in Oxford comprising partly registered and partly unregistered land.
- Purchase of a plot to be converted from agricultural to residential use, subject to a build contract.
- Overseeing purchase transactions for UHNW individuals involving multiple teams within the firm, to secure exchange within extremely short timescales.
- Preparing development bundles and dealing with sales of new build residential units for a developer client in Central London.
- Acting on a purchase of two leasehold properties together with the freehold. The transaction included financing from two lenders and the grant of a new lease over one of the leasehold properties, to exchange and complete ahead of Government tax changes.
- Acting on sales and purchases of leasehold and freehold properties with values ranging from £500,000 to £34 million.
- Acting for borrowers and lenders in respect of portfolio financing.
- Acting on multiple sale and refinance transactions for a developer client, required to fund a related purchase transaction.
Charley qualified as a solicitor in May 2015 at a medium sized Central London Firm, where she started her career as a paralegal in 2012. She joined the Residential Property team at Wedlake Bell as an Associate in May 2019 was promoted to Senior Associate in April 2022.