Inheritance, Trust and Probate Dispute Resolution
The members of our team have a wealth of experience advising on trust and probate disputes. The ambit of what we do includes:
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims;
- Challenges to the validity of wills including those relating to a lack of testamentary capacity and undue influence
- Disputes regarding the ownership of a deceased’s ashes and applications for the removal of personal representatives;
- Applications for rectification of a will and issues regarding construction of a will’s terms;
- Advising trustees and beneficiaries in relation to trust assets and trust administration such as seeking disclosure of information regarding a trust or an account of the trust’s finances;
- Applications to vary the terms of a trust;
- Proprietary estoppel and constructive trust claims;
- Claims against solicitors and other professionals in connection with the negligent drafting of a will or trust, or where incorrect tax advice has been given.
Our dispute resolution experience means we can act for individuals or groups of beneficiaries, trustees and personal representatives – even if the disputes involve cross border issues.
Disputes are likely to be stressful so we aim for an early resolution – using alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation, wherever possible.