Private Investment Offices
We act for all manner of Private Investment Offices from the single family office with a heavy interest in real estate, the single manager leaving a successful private equity or hedge fund looking to set up his or her own Private Investment Office to the successful family business looking to set up a Private Investment Office following a sale of a business and as part of a wealth preservation and diversification strategy.
We speak and write regularly on family business and family and private office issues.
We can advise on the appropriate structure and establishment to meet founder needs and those of investors should the Private Investment Office seek to manage third party money.
We advise on M&A, joint ventures, private equity deals and outsourcing.
- Advising a substantial UK family business prior to and following sale on effective use of business property relief, setting up discretionary trusts for present and future generations, setting up family charitable foundations, appointing discretionary managers, wills, letters of wishes, residence rules and review of private equity and investment fund documentation.
- Advising a substantial family trust on setting up a private investment office including employee contracts and incentive arrangements, governance, consumer lending questions and private OEIC, private equity investment.
- Advising a hedge fund manager on export of family trusts.
- Advising families on acquisition of investment rental buildings and on planning, construction and development of commercial and residential real estate.
- Advising on a sale of private investment office to a private bank.
- Advising on family investment companies and family limited partnerships and private OEICs.
FACTORS FUELLING GLOBAL FAMILY OFFICE GROWTH
GOVERNING AND PROFESSIONALISING YOUR FAMILY BUSINESS TO SUCCESS
The critical issues facing family businesses and how family owners can ensure their businesses remain successful were on the agenda of a seminar last month hosted by Kim Lalli, senior… Read more →
Professionalising The Family Business
This article examines some of the dynamics of family businesses, with lessons for wealth managers catering to these organisations and their owners.The following article on matters around family-owned businesses is… Read more →