Quarterly in Advance Winter 2020
15 / 01 / 2020
Quarterly In Advance is published by Wedlake Bell’s Real Estate Team for our clients and contacts in the property world.
• Dear Claire – what are the requirements for vehicle charging points at new developments?
• Buyers beware of the leap year! – Yana Kisel considers the difference a day can make to completion sums and apportionments.
• Planning a change? – tips and tricks from Matthew Mainstone on how to change the description of development in a planning permission following a recent change in the rules.
• “Detailed planning permission” – what does it mean and when will it trigger payment of overage? Katie Willis explains.
• Bringing the next generation into the family business – Matthew Braithwaite explores issues which are relevant to all family enterprises including real estate businesses.
• Sign of the times? – top tips from Aidan McDonnell to ensure you don’t mistakenly create a binding contract when agreeing deal terms over email.
• 100 years – Claire Haynes celebrates some of the legal milestones which paved the way towards equal opportunities in the workplace.