T: +44 (0)20 7395 3001
Victoria acts for both employers and employees on the full spectrum of employment law issues.
She advises on day-to-day employment law issues, including drafting employment contracts and staff handbooks. She also advises on grievance and disciplinary procedures and issues around managing sickness absence and capability; employee exits, settlement agreements and severance terms.
Victoria advises on litigation, including relating to unfair dismissal, discrimination and restrictive covenants and issues arising out of corporate mergers and re-organisations, including TUPE matters.
She works with clients in various sectors, including leisure and hospitality, technology, retail and property. Victoria is able to deal with cross-border issues and co-ordinate employment advice in other jurisdictions.
- Advising the buyer of a large London hotel on the employment aspects of the purchase;
- Advising a US technology client on a complex grievance matter, involving issues of sex and pregnancy discrimination;
- Drafting the full range of family policies for a property client and reviewing an employee handbook for a national institution;
- Defending a TUPE claim for a hospitality client, which settled on favourable terms; and
- Advising an individual on a whistleblowing and unfair dismissal claim.
Victoria trained with Wedlake Bell and completed seats in the firm’s Employment, Private Client, Commercial Property and Business Recoveries departments. Prior to commencing her training contract, Victoria spent two years working as a paralegal in the Commercial, IP and Technology department at another City law firm.
Victoria graduated from the University of Nottingham where she read Geography. She then went on to complete the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law.