Family & Divorce
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3036
Trisha’s practice is focused on complex financial claims upon divorce and TOLATA claims in the domestic context and those with concurrent Schedule 1 proceedings. She has considerable experience of drafting and negotiating pre and post marital agreements for high net worth families.
Trisha has dealt with cases where the assets have been located in a variety of jurisdictions (including Africa, India, British Virgin Islands and the Middle East) as well as those involving disputed valuations of businesses and pension assets.
She has a particular expertise in Islamic and Middle East law, assisting in complex cases concerning religious marriage ceremonies.
In matters relating to children, Trisha has represented parents in cases involving international relocation as well as domestic cases.
She favours a practical and pragmatic approach to resolving conflict.
- Negotiated a variation and clean break capitalisation of an existing spousal maintenance order.
- The successful representation of a mother seeking to relocate with their two children to the USA.
- Negotiated and advised upon an English pre-marital agreement to protect family wealth based in Canada, USA and the UK to include cross border tax advice.
- Represented the husband where the case concerned the consideration of whether a ceremony celebrated in Eritrea was a valid, void or non-existent marriage between the parties under English law.
- Successfully representing a footballer in a cohabitation dispute, with applications for child maintenance and applications regarding properties in England and France.
Trisha has worked in Surrey and Central London and joined Wedlake Bell LLP in 2012.
""Senior associate Trisha Siddique is ‘committed to her clients, is great at drafting, pragmatic and resolute and feisty when called for’.""
— Legal 500, 2018
""Senior associate Trisha Siddique is ‘a strong money practitioner who listens well to her clients’.""
— Legal 500, 2017