T: +44 (0)20 7674 0550
Susan is a solicitor with extensive experience in a variety of property disputes ranging from commercial property to residential possession proceedings. She advises landlords in all aspects of property related disputes with particular emphasis on landlord and tenant housing disputes and residential long leases.
- Rent arrears.
- Service charge arrears recovery.
- Residential tenancy possession claims (Rent Act/Housing Act).
- Business lease renewals (bringing and defending claims under the 1954 Act).
- Forfeiture proceedings.
- Trespasser proceedings.
- Landlord and tenant disputes.
- Lease enfranchisement claims.
- Nuisance claims.
- Dilapidations claims.
- Break notices.
- Disputes over licences to assign, to alter and to sublet.
- Breaches of covenant claims.
- Property damage/breach of contract disputes.
Susan obtained a Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the College of Law, and qualified in 1999 via ILEX from the University of Westminster. She was promoted to senior associate when Cumberland Ellis, merged with Wedlake Bell in 2012. Susan is always available to assist and analyse the best course of action available. This usually involves considering the most practical approach which does not always include court action. The aim is to obtain the best result taking into consideration the commercial realities of the dispute and other possible forms of dispute resolution.