Sarah specialises in divorce and separation law, together with the associated financial aspects and children issues, cohabitation disputes (TOLATA and Schedule 1) and the rights of cohabitees.
Sarah works on a range of family law matters with a variety of clients.
- Worked on a range of matters including media-sensitive cases, so far as they concern, for example, assisting on the case of an internationally renowned sport star.
- Acted for a wife in relation to a set aside application where the assets are over £10million.
- Acted for a wife in a financial remedy matter wherein the husband is a very high earner (multi-millions per year) and his income is unusual in nature and it is paid across multiple jurisdictions.
- Obtained a positive outcome for a father in relation to a TOLATA and Schedule 1 matter.
- Represented a father in relation to Children Act proceedings and successfully obtained a favourable Child Arrangements Order for him.
Sarah obtained a First Class degree in Sociology from The University of Sheffield. She then completed a Masters in Law degree where she was awarded the DLA Piper prize in recognition of her examination results. This was followed by the Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School where she achieved a Distinction.
Following completion of her studies, in 2009 Sarah commenced her training contract at Birkett Long (a tier 1 for family law, provincial law firm) and spent a lot of time working with middle income clients and their families, as well as working on some high net worth cases. Sarah worked on financial remedy matters as well as children matters. She also gained experience of working with clients whose issues or assets were cross-border in nature.
In 2015, Sarah moved to Lloyd Platt & Co and worked on a number of highly complex, substantial and often multi-jurisdictional matters and thereafter, joined Wedlake Bell in 2018 with 4.5 years post qualification experience in a variety of family law matters.
She is a member of Resolution.