IP & Commercial
T: +44 (0)20 7406 1652
Sarah is an Associate at Wedlake Bell LLP, specialising in commercial and intellectual property law.
Sarah advises clients on brand protection and intellectual property right enforcement. Her focus is on “soft IP”, with trade mark and copyright disputes being a particular focus.
Sarah has experience in disputes before the High Court (including the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court), the County Court, the UK Intellectual Property Office, the European Union Intellectual Property Office, the Information Commissioner’s Office and domain name dispute resolution organisations (WIPO, Nominet). As part of a large ongoing cross-border litigation, Sarah also works closely with overseas lawyers and has attended a number of hearings in the Amsterdam District Court and the Dutch Court of Appeal.
Sarah works closely with in-house counsel. On a day to day basis, she also supports the procurement, legal and sales teams of a number of clients, to the extent that her role is akin to in-house counsel in many respects.
- Acting for a global food manufacturer in connection with a complex multi IPR infringement case. Successfully obtaining undertakings from suppliers of infringing products and revoking trade mark registrations previously held by the primary infringer. Assisting Dutch counsel with a successful copyright infringement claim, in the Netherlands.
- Acting for a premium nutrition brand in connection with a number of trade mark infringement disputes.
- Acting for a luxury clothing brand in connection with the opposition of an application, by a direct competitor, to register a UK trade mark.
- Acting for an international bank in connection with a commercial dispute with one of its former suppliers and another bank.
- Advising on a complex distribution agreement for the supply and marketing of products provided by a luxury brand.
- Advising a National Sports Governing Body on the implementation of a suite of new contractual documents.
Sarah joined Wedlake Bell in September 2011 as a trainee solicitor and qualified in September 2013. She obtained a degree in Law from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
She also completed a four month secondment with a leading consumer organisation and worked as part of the client’s in-house legal team during this time.
"Sarah Mountain is a 'Key Figure' who 'specialises in contentious IP matters'"
— Legal 500, 2017