Corporate and Financial Services
T: +44 (0)20 7406 1629
Rosalyn is a Corporate and Financial Services lawyer with 24 years’ experience working in private practice, investment banking and at a multi-family office.
Her core clients are family businesses, family offices, trustees, private capital investors, private wealth managers and entrepreneurs (particularly private equity, hedge fund principals, fintech businesses) and other city professionals.
In addition to providing strategic advice Rosalyn establishes private funds, advises family offices and fund management businesses and acts on a range of private equity and joint venture deals.
Rosalyn also provides financial services regulatory and commercial advice, with a particular interest in the development of new products and business models focussed on technology. She has a keen interest in financial regulation and policy work and writes and speaks regularly on these matters.
Rosalyn is recommended as a Top Five Corporate Lawyer in Spear’s 500 from inception in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Rosalyn has written over 50 articles for a range of private wealth publications and has presented seminars for family office conferences, accountants, wealth managers, alternative investment fund managers and fiduciary services. She has spoken in London, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Montreux, Geneva, Monaco, Vancouver and Cape Town.
- Advising a family office on the development of its real estate interests including commercial mixed use and residential.
- Advising on the restructuring of a UK professional services business with international interests including establishment of new employee incentives and shareholder arrangements.
- Acting as a non-executive director of a fintech business and advising a fintech business on strategic commercial contracts.
- Equity raising for privately owned companies involving drafting and negotiating , convertible loan notes, shareholder agreements and advising on UK financial promotion rules for foreign companies.
- Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 advising on perimeter issues, collective investment schemes, alternative investment funds, authorisations, offering of non-main stream pooled investments, drafting discretionary investment management agreements, umbrella arrangements, applicability of consumer credit exemptions.
- Acting for fiduciary and fund management groups on fund restructuring, liquidation, realisation of investments, cross border FATCA and Dodd Frank regulatory compliance.
- Advising individuals, Fiduciaries and Family offices on establishing family offices, buying and selling private company investments including pre- IPO companies, establishment of private funds and protection of management company interests.
Rosalyn articled and qualified as a solicitor into the Corporate department at Slaughter and May (1991 to 1995) and joined the London office of Pinsent Curtis (1995 to 1996).
She was hired by UBS Warburg (1996 to 2002) as a lawyer member of a multi-disciplinary change management team concentrating on cross border legal and regulatory issues arising from use of technology. Rosalyn was a non–executive director of the Internet Law and Policy Forum.
She then served as European COO corporate finance supporting the heads of the global investment bank before being appointed as general counsel to multi-family office Sand Aire (2002 to 2008).
Rosalyn made the transition back to private practice firstly, as of Counsel to the Funds, Investments, Tax and trusts group Withers (2008 to 2009), secondly, in founding a successful niche firm, Breedy Henderson LLP (2009 to 2013) before being appointed as a partner at Forsters LLP (2013 -2015).
Rosalyn joined Wedlake Bell as a partner in its Corporate and Financial Services practice in 2015.
She holds memberships and directorships with a number of professional organisations:
- Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce.
- Patron of the Royal Academy Schools and member of the Schools Patron Group fundraising committee.
- Member of the Financial Services Lawyers Association.
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Member of the International Forum.
- Non-executive director of Lanware Limited.
"A trusted adviser to budding HNW entrepreneurs and financial heavyweights"
— Spear's 500
"Top 20 lawyer and Power Woman"
— Citywealth Leaders List 2015 and 2016
Gunshots, litigation and heartbreak – lessons in how to avoid disputes in family businesses
Wedlake Bell Partner, Rosalyn Breedy, has comments published in Winning Women
GRASP THE NETTLE TO SECURE THE FUTURE OF YOUR FAMILY BUSINESS
“UK Must Adjust To EU’s New Market Integrity Rules” – Partner, Rosalyn Breedy, writes for Law360
“LEIs- the new global licence plate?” – Rosalyn Breedy writes for Global Finance & Banking Review
SMCR – unanswered questions
Response to FCA competition study: Why asset managers must embrace change
Senior Managers Regime and other regulatory changes
Professionalising The Family Business
Extension of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime
“GDPR weighs heavily on Wealth Managers’ minds” – Rosalyn Breedy comments for Wealth Briefing