Senior Trust and Estate Manager
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3069
Peter is Wedlake Bell’s most senior trust and probate manager specialising in the administration of estates and trusts.
He has particular experience dealing with the administration of large and complex estates which invariably includes making and substantiating claims for various reliefs and exemptions for Inheritance Tax.
- Several multi-million pound estates with a complete range of UK and overseas assets.
- Acting in estates of expatriates, collecting assets from foreign jurisdictions such as Australia, Singapore and the US.
- Negotiating with HMRC in connection with the acceptance of works of art etc. in lieu of Inheritance Tax.
- Agreeing value of shares in unquoted companies for tax purposes.
- Pursuing claims for IHT Business Property Relief etc. with HMRC.
Peter joined Wedlake Bell in September 1999. He has 13 years’ experience of working for the Capital Taxes Office of HMRC dealing with various aspects of inheritance tax. He has been working in private practice for over 25 years.
Peter has been a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners since 1996.
Peter has a degree in English and Ancient History from Swansea University.