T: +44 (0)20 7406 1626
Peter Crawford has a wide-ranging practice which includes landlord and tenant (especially for tenant-owned blocks), employment, privacy and defamation, shareholder disputes, data protection and general company commercial advice.
- Resolution of shareholder dispute following mediation.
- Advising Brexit pressure group on tax and regulatory issues.
- Leading case on data subject access requests in the Court of Appeal (Ittihadieh).
- Share agreement for new investment in Moroccan hotel venture.
- Advising senior directors on termination of employment and settlement agreements.
Peter graduated from Kingston University in 1976 with a BA (hons) in Law. He passed the Law Society part II in 1977 and qualified in 1978 and became a partner in the same year and more latterly senior partner of Stitt & Co. His career highlights have included acting for prosecution counsel in the Guilford and Woolwich Pub Bombings miscarriage of justice Inquiry (the Guildford Four and the Maguire Seven); numerous higher education cases for the Inns of Court School of Law and the Council for Legal Education; for the Bar Council in the House of Lords investigation into the cost of criminal appeals and regarding entry to the profession; numerous privacy and defamation cases for celebrities (including Amanda Holden v the Daily Star (topless paparazzi photos), Neil Morrissey v the Daily Mail, Nigel Havers v the News of the World).
Peter joined Wedlake Bell as a consultant in August 2018.
Member of Rye Golf Club, painter of watercolours.