Nisa specialises in non-contentious construction and has significant experience preparing, reviewing, negotiating and advising on construction and projects-related documents including but not limited to construction contracts, professional appointments as well as ancillary documents such as development agreements and financier’s tripartite deeds. She assists her clients throughout the life cycle of the project from giving advice at the tendering stage to assisting with contract administration whilst the project is on foot.
Nisa acts for all involved in the construction life cycle from employers, contractors, subcontractors and consultants. She has assisted clients in the residential, commercial (retail, offices and industrial) space as well as some clients operating in the renewable energy space.
- Acting for an Australian developer on all construction documentation for its AUD$1billion luxury, mixed-use development in Sydney, Australia.
- Acting for one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms on all construction law aspects of their Australian commercial and industrial real estate asset portfolio particularly in New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia and on projects with a contract value of AUD $8million to $45million.
- Acting for Australia’s leading real estate investment trust on all construction law aspects of their capital works portfolio which comprise of retail, industrial and commercial assets throughout New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia.
- Advising Subcontractor client on tender bids for various high-profile projects with Tier 1 Australian Contractors including but not limited to Sydney Football Stadium, Western Sydney Airport, Brisbane Cross-River Rail and various hospital developments in Australia.
- Acting for Subcontract client on new Sydney Fish Market project including advising on interpretation of subcontract terms.
- Advising Australian developer on construction documentation and associated documents following insolvency of a previously engaged Contractor to finalise a 14 lot, luxury townhouse development in Sydney, Australia.
Nisa joined Wedlake Bell in July 2023.
Nisa graduated from the University of New South Wales in 2018 with a double degree in Media (Public Relations and Advertising) and Law.
In the penultimate year of her LLB, Nisa secured a summer clerkship position at Dentons’ Sydney office. Nisa worked within the Dentons Sydney construction team as a Graduate, Solicitor, Associate and then finally Senior Associate before she relocated to London and joined Wedlake Bell.
Nisa is admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in December 2018.
Nisa also holds a Master of Law (specialising in Intellectual Property, Technology and Media) which she completed in May 2023.