Senior Trust and Estate Manager
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3028
Michael’s role involves administering complex estates/trusts with UK and overseas assets. He often acts for the personal representatives of non-domiciliaries who need to obtain an English Grant to administer assets situated in the United Kingdom.
Michael has extensive experience of drafting estate and trust accounts. He also handles all the tax compliance work required by HM Revenue & Customs in respect of both estates and trusts.
Responsive, reliable and commercially astute with a positive outlook, Michael’s highly developed solution management skills are often called upon in difficult cases.
- Helping Hong Kong clients to obtain a UK Grant for their mother’s estate.
- Managing a multi-million pound Charitable Trust whereby donations are made on an annual basis to various charities.
- Assisting a Maltese Law Firm to administer a UK estate.
- Obtaining HMRC tax clearance in a complex estate where the deceased made lifetime gifts out of income in excess of £1.1 million.
- Currently administrating an estate whereby the Executors are obtaining planning permission, so the deceased’s house & land can be sold to a developer for a considerable sum.
Michael worked at Barclays Bank Trust Company Limited from 1989 to 1994,he then joined Rowe & Maw (Now Mayer Brown LLP) from 1996 to 1999. Following that Michael worked at Bircham Dyson Bell LLP from 1999 to 2003 and then joined Wedlake Bell LLP in 2003.
Over the last twenty five years Michael has built a reputation for being a ‘solid performer’. Michael thrives on client contact and is well regarded by his peers.