T: +44 (0)20 7406 1611
Matthew is an associate specialising in residential property and deals with a wide range of residential property matters. His main emphasis is on the acquisition and disposal of both leasehold and freehold properties for high net worth individuals, developers and property investment companies.
Specific areas of expertise include resolving title matters, portfolio acquisition, re-financing, sales and purchases at auction, freehold estate disposals, off plan residential development sales, licences, voluntary lease extensions and landlord and tenant matters.
- Acting in relation to the disposal of several large estates each comprising over 50 flats by way of auction, including initial analysis of s5 Landlord and Tenant 1987 Act issues and taking lease backs of several flats.
- Acting in relation to the acquisition of a portfolio of 50, mostly unregistered, properties.
- Acting in relation to several high value re-finances, liaising with banking, corporate, commercial property and construction teams.
- Acting for residential property developers, ranging from small, first time developers to some of the most experienced developers in the industry, in the set-up and subsequent sales of apartments in various developments in London and the South-East.
- Acting for family trusts in the ongoing management of their property portfolio in London and the Home Counties.
- Acting for a client specialising in crowd-funded investment purchases, carrying out due diligence on new acquisitions to their portfolio, exchanging contracts within tight timescales and giving client tailored advice in consideration of their business model.
Matthew gained a combined honours degree in German and French from the University of Exeter in 2011 before undertaking his GDL and LPC at BPP Law School in London. Matthew qualified as a solicitor in 2011 at Bruce Lance & Co before moving to Barlow Robbins LLP in Surrey. From there Matthew moved to Howard Kennedy before joining Wedlake Bell in April 2015.