T: +44 (0)20 7395 3030
Maria specialises in non-contentious and contentious construction, including commercial property development projects, drafting and negotiating bespoke and standard form construction documentation, litigation, adjudication and mediation.
She also provides assistance with real estate and banking transactions, relating to purchases, disposals, grants of leases, restructuring, financing and refinancing and has experience working with developers, contractors, investors and funders.
- Acting for the Responding Party on an adjudication relating to a £50m dispute arising out of a mechanical testing facility.
- Assisting on the construction aspects of two portfolio acquisitions of student housing worth in excess of £680m.
- Managing the construction documentation on a care home owner’s property portfolio; negotiating amendments to JCT building contracts, advising client on amendments to its standard form documents, drafting appointments, parent company guarantees, guarantee bonds, collateral warranties and novations.
- Acting for a main contractor in relation to its Technology and Construction Court claim, arising out of the subsidence of a number of plots in a development.
- Advising an employer on the enforcement of an adjudication relating to an award of liquidated damages.
- Advising the owner of a property adjoining a substantial development site, whose rights to light and airspace were being infringed. Preparation of injunctive proceedings, subsequent assistance on negotiation of a crane oversail licence and a fee in respect of loss of property owner’s right to light.
Maria qualified in 2011 at Collyer Bristow, where she had trained. She joined Wedlake Bell’s construction department in June 2016, from Eversheds.
Assignment by way of security – beware of giving away more than you bargained for
Concurrent Delay – further developments in the saga