T: +44 (0)20 7395 3194
Malcolm has been in practice as a commercial real estate lawyer for over 35 years. His experience ranges from property development and real estate portfolio management through to Landlord and Tenant matters.
He obtained a law degree at Cambridge and has practiced in the City since 1981. Originally at Wedlake Bell, he returned in 2014 as a consultant after many years as Head of Commercial Property at City firm Barlow Lyde & Gilbert.
Malcolm is a member of the firm’s Occupier Group, a dedicated team dealing with business and office premises and Landlord and Tenant issues for corporate clients. Having particular experience in acting for companies in the Financial and Insurance sectors in the City of London, he has acted on office moves and relocations in many of the City’s iconic buildings such as America Square, The Lloyds Building, St Helens Building, Minster Court, Beaufort House and the Leadenhall Building (known as the “Cheesegrater”) as well as other office blocks elsewhere in and around London.
He has extensive knowledge of the real estate aspects of property portfolio management ranging from the operational depot locations for a major US logistics company through to the management of Banks’ security and property investment portfolios and the business operations for companies in London and across the country.
Many years in dealing with Landlord and Tenant matters and business premises means he has close connections with many of the key letting agents and surveyors in the City of London and elsewhere in London and around the country.
Malcolm also acts for a number of private clients in relation to their commercial property activities covering areas such as investment acquisitions, property development and estate management.
- Acting for a private property investment company in relation to the disposal of a development site following planning for a Tesco Store and residential housing scheme in Essex.
- Dealing with the relocation for a UK Plc Insurance company from the Aviva Tower to the British Land building known as the “Cheesegrater”, Leadenhall Street, London EC3.
- Instructed by a city Investment Company in connection with its setting up of new offices at Bishopsgate EC3.
- Advising private clients on their claim to ownership of an old theatre and cinema in Chelmsford.
- Dealing with lease terms and rent review provisions for a long term investment lease of a Marina on the east coast of England.
The Future Office – legal issues for landlords, tenants and agents
Cracking the code- the new RICS code for leasing business premises