T: +44 (0)20 7395 3045
Laura acts on both contentious and non-contentious employment matters; supporting her clients with a range of complex HR issues.
She has considerable experience in dealing with contentious matters, both in the Employment Tribunal and the High Court. Her contentious practice focuses on complex discrimination claims as well as competition and confidentiality issues, including team moves.
Laura also regularly advises on complex TUPE matters and provides employment support on business sales (including in insolvency situations), property transactions and outsourcings.
She has an international client base and is used to advising on cross-border issues. Laura regularly acts for individuals, advising on issues that arise throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Acting for a client against two ex-employees who had allegedly taken confidential information and were planning to damage reputation the client’s reputation. Issuing injunctive proceedings and successfully obtaining a consent order.
- Advising on a race, religion, sex, disability by association and age discrimination claim.
- Acting for a US technology company on a complicated grievance matter involving the UK managing director and defending a subsequent constructive dismissal and discrimination claim.
- Advising on the employment aspects of the sale of an adoption and fostering business including issues involving a local government pension scheme and TUPE.
- Negotiating the TUPE position on behalf of a large care provider on the outsourcing of its facilities management function.
- Advising an individual on her flexible working request and subsequent constructive dismissal, sex and pregnancy discrimination claim in the Employment Tribunal which were settled pre-hearing on favourable terms.
Laura read law at the University of Leicester. She trained with Wedlake Bell and qualified into the Employment team in September 2010. Prior to commencing her training contract Laura spent a year with the IP and Commercial team.
Laura is a member of the ELA and regularly holds training sessions and seminars for her clients.
Laura has recently written an updated chapter on intra-group reorganisations in Tolley’s Employment Law, with a particular focus on TUPE.
Laura regularly writes for the legal press and has had articles published in Personnel today and the Financial Times.