Pensions & Employee Benefits
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3188
Katie is a solicitor in the Pensions and Employee Benefits team. She assists with both pensions and employee incentive matters and contributes articles to the firm’s publications and the wider press.
Katie works with a range of clients including employers, trustee boards and individuals on a variety of pensions and employee benefit matters. Recent experience includes:
- advising pension scheme trustees on a bulk transfer of benefits;
- consolidating governing documentation for a final salary pension scheme;
- successfully appealing against a substantial alleged overpayment of benefits on behalf of a pension scheme member;
- advising trustees of employee benefit trusts on disguised remuneration tax issues; and
- advising start-up businesses on employee incentive arrangements, in particular enterprise management incentive share schemes.
Katie trained with Wedlake Bell and completed seats in the firm’s Pensions and Employee Benefits, Employment, Construction, and Commercial Property teams.
Katie studied History at the University of Sheffield before going on to obtain a Masters in Law. Katie completed the Legal Practice Course with distinction at BPP University in 2015. She qualified as a solicitor in October 2017.
Debenhams CVA to pull pension scheme out of PPF Assessment Period
Willis Towers Watson’s LifeSight becomes first master trust authorised under TPR’s new regime
DB recklessness offence could catch worst employers – Pensions expert March 2019
PPF compensation caps ruled unlawful
British Airways: Court of Appeal defines the proper purpose of an occupational pension scheme and narrows the role of pension scheme trustees
£800m buyout of new BHS pension scheme
Dixons Carphone in the spotlight
Barclays ring-fencing proposals sanctioned by the High Court
HSBC pensioners challenge pension “clawback”
Overseas Pension Transfers: The Pitfalls