T: +44 (0)20 7395 3097
Katherine practices predominantly in non-contentious construction. She advises developers and contractors from the initial stages of procurement strategy to negotiating bespoke and standard form building contracts and a full range of construction documentation.
- Negotiating the fit out contracts and consultants’ appointments for an international high end residential developer’s new office and marketing suite in Central London.
- Acting for a regional care home provider in relation to documentation for the construction of new care homes with a development cost of around £60m.
- Managing the approval process of construction documentation for the land owner on a major redevelopment in London; reviewing and approving consultant appointments, sub-contracts and collateral warranties in accordance with the requirements under an agreement for lease.
- Acting for a developer in the construction of a multi-million pound funded residential development of high specification property in Central London in particular advising on procuring collateral warranties and vesting deeds.
- Advising an international insurance provider on the fit out of their office in the City of London.
- Acting for a fit-out contractor and advising on their building contracts and related documentation at several sites in London.
Katherine qualified in the Construction team as a Solicitor in September 2016 having completed her training contract at Wedlake Bell. Prior to starting her training contract she worked as a paralegal in the Corporate team.
Katherine is a member of the Society of Construction Law.
Is a pay less notice really necessary to contend payment following termination of a contract? Yes says the Court of Appeal
Consequential loss – a new approach?