T: +44 (0)20 7406 1685
Jon specialises in data protection and is experienced in advising domestic and international clients on a variety of complex commercial and data protection issues.
Jon provides day to day advisory work for a major international bank and large UK charities, which involves advising on complex data protection and commercial issues. He also advises global companies on the processing of employee personal data, both within and outside the EEA and regularly manages global data protection compliance projects for multinationals.
- Advising a global provider of water, hygiene and energy technologies, and services to the food, energy, healthcare, industrial and hospitality markets on the data protection law issues arising from the implementation of a centralised HR software system. The system will be used by the client’s group of companies in the 170 countries in which it operates. Involved coordinating with clients’ local offices and local data protection authorities, as well as drafting data transfer agreements.
- Advising a major international bank in relation to a number of complex, cross-border transfers and data sharing arrangements with third-party providers of cloud-based services.
- Advising one of the UK’s largest charities on data protection compliance and providing day-to-day advisory services, including updating documentation in line with GDPR requirements, advising on use of Google web beacons, introduction of new e-card service, and direct marketing campaigns.
- Advising one of the UK’s largest family-owned construction companies on a wide range of data protection issues, in particular the implementation of a biometric security system and drugs/alcohol testing.
- Managing data protection audits for various clients, including the above mentioned construction company, a well-known private bank and one of the longest established private equity investment firms in Europe.
Jon originally qualified into Wedlake Bell’s Employment team, before joining the IP & Commercial team to specialise in data protection and commercial law.
During his time at Wedlake Bell, Jon has spent six months on secondment in Diageo’s global procurement legal team and seven months on part-time secondment with Countrywide’s
in-house legal team.
Regular panellist and speaker at Wedlake Bell’s quarterly Brands and IP Seminar
speaking on data protection issues.
Presented on a number of webinars, including for the Law Society and Lexis Nexis.
Designed and delivered commercial and data protection training sessions to clients.
A regular contributor to the publication Corporate Briefing.
"Jonathan Wright, is ‘a highly experienced individual’"
— Legal 500, 2017