T: +44 (0)20 7406 1641
Jonathan is a solicitor specialising in residential property. While he handles a wide range of residential property transactions, a large proportion of his clients are high net worth individuals buying or selling high value freehold and leasehold properties (£1m – £8m) in central London and the Home Counties.
Jonathan also acts for landlords and tenants dealing with lease extensions claims, collective enfranchisements claims and landlord and tenant matters (including rights of first refusal).
Jonathan regularly contributes to trade magazines on the issues affecting the residential property sector. He also lectures on property law, as well as career development, diversity and personal branding to help shape the future business leaders.
Jonathan recently won the “Rising Star of the Year” award at the Modern Law Conveyancing Awards and was “Highly Commended” at the Enfranchisement and Right to Manage Awards 2017.
- Acting for a former eighties pop star in relation to her £4m sale and dealing with the related planning issues.
- Dealing with the sale of a freehold flat for a price of £7.25m.
- Acting for a vendor in respect of his sale of part of an unregistered leasehold property.
- Acting for five tenants in respect of their lease extension claims where it was not possible to collectively enfranchise as the building did not qualify.
- Acting for a landlord to defeat a collective enfranchisement claim on the basis that the premium offered was too low.
Jonathan read law at Middlesex University and graduated with a first class honours in 2004. After completing the LPC at The City Law School, Jonathan worked as a paralegal for one year at a leading professional indemnity insurance provider before completing his training contract with a niche West End law firm.
In 2010 Jonathan moved to Rochman Landau LLP (now Ashfords LLP) before joining Wedlake Bell LLP in October 2013.
"Winner of the Rising Star of the Year Award"
— Modern Law Conveyancing Awards 2017
— Enfranchisement and Right to Manage Awards 2017
"Jonathan Achampong advises high-net-worth individuals on property purchases in London and the Home Counties and also handles landlord and tenant issues and collective enfranchisements"
— Legal 500, 2017