T: + 44 (0)20 7406 1688
Jay’s practice covers all areas of commercial property including landlord and tenant, acquisitions and disposals for private and institutional clients with particular expertise in the areas of development where he acts on projects ranging from luxury mixed used developments to large scale industrial/distribution units.
Jay has particular expertise in the areas of promotion/option agreements and is well versed in drafting and negotiating complex overage arrangements.
- Acting on various land promotion agreements and hybrid option/promotion agreements for both developers and landowners, giving a very well rounded understanding of all parties’ goals and drivers.
- Acting on the redevelopment of a site in Winchester to provide a sustainable new suburb which includes 2,000 new private and affordable homes.
- Purchase of a prominent riverside estate for redevelopment into prime residential apartments for £85m. The entire deal was negotiated and exchanged within a 7 day period.
- Acting on the purchase of a disused wharf-side commercial site for redevelopment into 115 luxury apartments and commercial space for £60m.
- Acting for the landlord on a forward letting agreement for the development of a new UK head office for one of the largest cloud and hybrid hosting companies in the world and the forward sale of the estate for £130m.
Jay studied Biochemistry at Imperial College followed by a post-graduate diploma in Law.
He trained at a commercial property boutique firm before joining Wedlake Bell on qualification in 2006.
FRUSTRATED BY BREXIT?