T: +44 (0)20 7395 3023
Janice has been an M&A and capital markets lawyer since qualification in 1987 and has extensive UK and cross border expertise in these areas. Over her career she has acted on some substantial public and private M&A transactions and IPOs primarily in the corporate real estate, retail sectors and many complex cross border acquisitions. Janice has also been involved in major real estate joint ventures and during the debt crisis their restructuring involving some significant debt for equity swaps.
She has also extensive expertise in the incorporation of professional services firms and partnership and LLP law and practice.
- Advising Verditek plc on its IPO on AIM in August 2017 and advising AIM brokers on various secondary placings for AIM traded companies.
- Acting for London’s largest residential landlord on the establishment of seven property investment and trading prime London real estate joint ventures with a major Canadian pension fund 2011-2018.
- Acting for one of the world’s largest independent suppliers of marine fuel products incorporated in Hong Kong and listed in Singapore with assets in India, the UAE, the Netherlands, UK, USA and other countries on a multi jurisdiction reorganisation and a subsequent disposal of its managed services IT business in England and sister outsourcing arrangements in India.
- Acting for Italian client Arneg Spa on its first acquisition in the UK of Manor Concepts Limited, a retail refrigerator manufacturer.
- Acting for French client Groupe Rondot SA on its acquisition of Sheppee in York, England, a glass bottle assembly line manufacturer (hot end ware handling).
- Acting for Swiss PE portfolio company Schneider Logistic Holding AG on its first acquisition in the UK of a freight forwarding company in Essex, England.
- Acting for a BVI company on its sale of its joint venture share and loan interests in a US company involved in condominium construction in Florida where all the key buy out transactional documents were governed by English law.
- Acting for the vendors of office copier supplier RDT Office Solutions Group Limited on their sale to Ethos group.
Janice joined Wedlake Bell’s corporate team in 2010. She was head of the Corporate team and a member of the firm’s management board from 2011-2018.
Janice qualified as a solicitor in 1987. She joined Dechert LLP and was made partner in 1997. She was head of the London office of Pitmans LLP from 2004 to 2010.
Janice is a member of the Association of Women Solicitors.
Janice has a first class honours degree in Law from The University of Nottingham.
"Practice Head Janice Wall's "knowledge is immense" at Wedlake Bell LLP, where the team handled its largest ever transaction. Another highlight was cross-border work."
— Legal 500
"Wedlake Bell corporate team named 'Adviser of the year'"
— 2015 Small Cap Awards
"'Commercial’ practice head Janice Wall ‘explains things in simple terms, is very responsive and always provides valuable advice’."
— Legal 500, 2017
In Counsel – Autumn 2018
In Counsel – Summer 2018
In Counsel – Spring 2018
“Should I stay or should I go now?” – Dealing with the Clash in Shareholder Disputes
Getting the Deal Through: Real Estate M&A 2018
In Counsel Update – Spring 2017
IN COUNSEL UPDATE – AUTUMN 2017
In Counsel Update – Summer 2017
Clean energy firm goes public
Wedlake Bell successfully advises Verditek Plc on its admission to the Alternative Investment Market (“AIM”)