Head of Corporate Team
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3023
Janice has been an M&A and capital market lawyer since qualification in 1987 and has extensive UK and cross border expertise in these areas. Over her career she has acted on some substantial public and private M&A transactions and IPOs primarily in the corporate real estate and retail sectors. Janice has also been involved in major real estate joint ventures and during the debt crisis their restructuring involving some significant debt for equity swaps.
She has also extensive expertise in the incorporation of professional services firms and partnership and LLP law and practice.
Janice is Head of the Corporate Team and Practice Group Leader for the Corporate Business Group.
- Restructuring, leading to the solvent winding up, of over 100 subsidiaries of a property trading group.
- Advising AIM brokers on secondary placings for AIM traded companies.
- Acting for London’s largest residential landlord on the establishment of both an investment and a trading prime London real estate joint venture with a major Canadian pension fund and on the establishment of three subsequent joint ventures 2011-2016.
- Acting on the sale of a major apartment hotel for £98m.
- Acting for one of the world’s largest independent suppliers of marine fuel products incorporated in Hong Kong and listed in Singapore with assets in India, the UAE, the Netherlands, UK, USA and other countries on a multi jurisdiction reorganisation and a subsequent disposal of its managed services IT business in England and sister outsourcing arrangements in India.
- Acting for a famous London golf club on its incorporation as a guarantee company and loan note offers to members to finance the purchase of its freehold.
Janice joined Wedlake Bell’s corporate team in 2010. She is currently head of the team and the wider Corporate Business Group and member of the Wedlake Bell management board.
Janice qualified as a solicitor in 1987. She joined Dechert LLP and was made partner in 1997. She was head of the London office of Pitmans LLP from 2004 to 2010.
Janice is a member of the IBA Closely Held and Growing Business Enterprises Committee and the Association of Women Solicitors.
Janice has a degree in Law from The University of Nottingham.
"Practice Head Janice Wall's "knowledge is immense" at Wedlake Bell LLP, where the team handled its largest ever transaction. Another highlight was cross-border work."
— Legal 500
"Wedlake Bell corporate team named 'Adviser of the year'"
— 2015 Small Cap Awards
"'Commercial’ practice head Janice Wall ‘explains things in simple terms, is very responsive and always provides valuable advice’."
— Legal 500, 2017
In Counsel – Autumn 2018
In Counsel – Summer 2018
In Counsel – Spring 2018
“Should I stay or should I go now?” – Dealing with the Clash in Shareholder Disputes
Getting the Deal Through: Real Estate M&A 2018
In Counsel Update – Spring 2017
IN COUNSEL UPDATE – AUTUMN 2017
In Counsel Update – Summer 2017
Clean energy firm goes public
Wedlake Bell successfully advises Verditek Plc on its admission to the Alternative Investment Market (“AIM”)