T: +44 (0)20 7406 1686
Fiona’s expertise covers the full spectrum of employment issues, including day to day HR support, litigation, and transactions.
She has acted for both employers and employees in a wide range of high-value and complex employment claims, including unfair dismissal, whistleblowing, and all types of discrimination.
She advises on contract issues, terminations and negotiated exits, and the enforcement of restrictive covenants.
She regularly advises on transactions including company sales and purchases, TUPE issues, outsourcing contracts, and property acquisitions.
Fiona also advises on international issues for clients throughout EMEA and the rest of the world.
She acts for both companies and individuals, advising on all issues of concern.
- Acting for a company to enforce restrictive covenants against a departing director and his new employer.
- Successfully defending a claim for whistleblowing, age and race discrimination, and constructive unfair dismissal.
- Advising on all employment aspects, including TUPE issues, due diligence and various contractual issues, on the acquisition of a company by a leading publishing business.
- Advising on the TUPE position in the intra-company transfer of 400 employees.
- Successfully negotiating a £1 million exit package on behalf of an employee targeted for redundancy.
- Advising an individual on negotiating the payment of a £2 million package and the waiver of his restrictive covenants on exit.
Fiona read English at the University of Leeds. She trained with the top 10 firm Mayer Brown International and qualified in 2006. Fiona is a member of the ELA and runs trainings, briefing sessions and client seminars on a wide range of employment topics.
Fiona is the author and editor of the Maternity, Paternity and Family Friendly rights chapter in Tolley’s Employment Law.
She is also the editor of the chapter on Protected Disclosures for Personnel Today.