T: +44 (0)20 7395 3053
Fiona enjoys working with and advising private clients and her practice covers a wide range of Private Client work.
She advises high-net-worth UK and international, non-domiciled individuals and families, charities, trustees and family offices on a wide variety of private client matters.
Her experience includes offshore and onshore trust structures, estate planning and all associated tax implications, drafting Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, lifetime and Will trusts, establishing and administering charities and estate administration.
She also advises on matters relating to the elderly, handles mental capacity issues and advises executors on the probate process.
- Advising a married couple with different domiciles on wealth preservation and tax planning including inheritance tax, capital gains and income tax considerations.
- Advising a number of trustees with de-enveloping offshore structures holding UK residential properties and advising on tax implications.
- Advising a wealthy benefactor on a CIO for a charity based abroad, the tax implications and successfully registering the structure with the Charity Commission.
- Advising a UK-resident international family on asset protection structures and general tax planning.
- Advising and providing estate planning and trust advice to individuals and family offices based in the US and the Middle East.
- Advising the executors of a landed estate on a complex trust set-up and dealing with agricultural property relief.
- Preparing instructions to counsel in relation to rectifying the position of the beneficiaries of a life interest trust.
Fiona joined Wedlake Bell in 2017 having qualified as a Private Client solicitor at Winckworth Sherwood and is an Associate Member of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP).
Fiona has a degree in Law with French from the University of Sheffield and is fluent in French.