Data Protection & Commercial
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3104
Emily is a Solicitor in the IP & Commercial team, specialising in commercial contracts and data protection matters.
Before joining Wedlake Bell in 2022, Emily gained experience negotiating contracts with a broad range of clients including financial services providers, charities, e-commerce brands and retailers. In addition, she assisted with the internal privacy compliance for a global SaaS vendor.
- Advising a pension trust on their data protection policy.
- Advising a global financial services company on their intra-group data transfers and website user terms.
- Advising a construction membership scheme on various privacy matters to improve transparency towards their members.
- Advising a cloud-based trading software provider on their supplier data processing agreements and staff privacy notice.
- Advising an education service provider on their data protection policy
Emily obtained a First Class law degree from the University of Kent before completing her LPC LLM (masters-level qualification with an enhanced Legal Practice Course) with a Distinction at BPP Law School.
She completed her training contract in-house with a global marketing software-as-a-service vendor, where she gained exposure to a broad range of commercial and privacy matters and conducted negotiations with large high profile clients.
Before commencing her legal career, she worked in technology-focused recruitment.
Emily contributes to the following publications:
- Wedlake Bell DPO Podcast
- Wedlake Bell Quarterly in Advance
- Entertainment Law Review
- Journal of Data Protection & Privacy
Regulatory Scrutiny of Cookie-less Adtech Continues to be one of Google’s Topics – Entertainment Law Review