Disputes, Intellectual Property, Media Law
T: 0207 406 1634
Debra advises on all areas of intellectual property law including contentious and non-contentious matters, with a particular focus on intellectual property disputes, including copyright, trade mark, design, domain names, passing off and confidential information.
Additionally, Debra is an experienced litigator advising on commercial and reputational and privacy disputes.
Debra also provides commercial advice to clients in relation to brand protection and strategy concerning to their intellectual property rights.
- Advising on a complex jurisdictional challenge in response to a claim brought by a large publicly listed company in the High Court against former employees.
- Advising client in relation to successfully resisting an application brought against it for Judicial review.
- Advising client in extensive negotiations with a multi-national discount store business and obtaining an agreement for the client to operate.
- Bringing and defending trade mark opposition proceedings before both the UK and European Union Intellectual Property Offices.
- Successfully obtaining the transfer of various domain names via UDRP and Nominet complaints.
Debra studied Politics at the University of Leeds before completing the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at BPP University.
Debra qualified as a solicitor in 2015; training at a boutique law firm in Soho specialising in Intellectual Property, Media Law and Litigation. Upon qualification and prior to joining Wedlake Bell, Debra practised at a niche intellectual property and commercial law firm advising on an intellectual property matters and reputational and commercial disputes.
Debra’s article on considering intellectual property rights in a pandemic was featured in the World Intellectual Property Review. Click here to view the article.
Ranked as a key lawyer in The Legal 500, “Debra Goldwyn, … is brilliant at detail.”
Debra is also listed as a Managing IP Rising Star for 2022.
"Debra Goldwyn is brilliant at detail."
— Legal 500, 2023