IP & Commercial
T: +44 (0)20 7395 3094
Dan specialises in intellectual property and commercial matters. He provides advice to a broad range of clients in relation to the protection and exploitation of intellectual property rights, sponsorship, advertising, endorsement, agency and distribution arrangements and general commercial and consumer law issues.
- Prepared precedent contracts for a renowned London based modelling agency and advised the same in relation to its leading model’s endorsement of a FTSE 100 multi-national retailer.
- Advised a leading automotive engineering company in relation to its agreements with various motorsports’ governing bodies for the bespoke design and manufacture of components for use in the world’s leading motorsport championships.
- Advised one of the world’s largest international banking groups in relation to the multimillion pound upgrade of its cross-jurisdictional firewall and electronic security system which is to be implemented across the EMEA region.
- Advised a restaurant group in relation to the IP issues presented on a corporate restructuring, including the assignment of certain rights to (and the licence back from) an IP holding company.
- Advising a market leading design agency in relation to its contractual arrangements with the Arcadia Group (Top Shop), Kao Brands (John Frieda) and Coty, Inc (Rimmel).
- Assisting the redeveloper of the well-known Centre Point tower block in relation to their collaboration with Anglepoise for the development of a range of Anglepoise lamps incorporating the client’s Centre Point logo and certain designs created for the Centre Point project by the high profile designer Eley Kishimoto.
Dan trained with Wedlake Bell and qualified as a solicitor in 2015. Prior to that, he obtained a degree in Law with Chemistry at the University of Bristol. He has also completed a three month post-qualification secondment at a FTSE 250 listed private hospital group working as part of its award winning in-house legal team.
He regularly provides onsite legal assistance to one of the world’s leading international banks.
Dan has written articles for marketing and advertising magazine, The Drum, as well as for Corporate Briefing and Quarterly in Advance.