T: +44 (0)20 7395 3007
Chris acts for large and mid-sized international companies and primarily assists them with managing international and cross-border employment law queries in continental Europe and further afield.
Chris’s areas of expertise under English law are: drafting employment contracts and incentive plans; advice on performance management; annual leave queries including commission or bonus entitlement; disciplinaries and grievances; managing sickness absence; advising on redundancies and other dismissals, and drafting and negotiating settlement agreements.
In addition, Chris defends companies facing Tribunal claims and advises on TUPE queries (domestic and cross-border, business sale and in/outsourcing) and on the employment aspects of corporate transactions.
- Assisting a US-based multinational with rolling out changes to its UK workforce terms and conditions across various sites and with minimal inconvenience.
- Advising an international healthcare company on a complex disciplinary and grievance case.
- Defending a leading outsourcing client in proceedings up to and including the Court of Appeal.
- Advising a leading American company on the impact of recent case law on its commission scheme.
- Steering a leading international technology company through the TUPE aspects of an outsourcing agreement with a major UK telecoms supplier.
- Managing and coordinating advice on European employee leasing across 25 jurisdictions for a US client.
Chris joined Wedlake Bell’s Employment team in 2012. Prior to this he worked in the London and Paris offices of a major US law firm.
Chris read German and Business Studies at the University of Warwick and has a degree in Law from the College of Law, London. Chris speaks French, German and Italian.
He is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.