T: +44 (0)20 7406 1684
Chris advises lenders and borrowers on a broad range of general banking, real estate finance, insolvency and restructuring transactions. In addition to his general banking and real estate finance practice, he has a particular interest and skill in the structuring, funding and, when called for, restructuring of real estate development transactions.
Chris has many longstanding connections with stakeholders in the built-environment industry and that, together with his substantial transactional experience as a property lawyer both in NZ and the UK, means Chris provides his clients with a deep and valued insight into real estate as an asset class.
- Acting for the lender in an £10m secured revolving credit facility.
- Acting for the lender in relation to the proposed deregulation of a bank owned by a borrower.
- Acting for the borrower on the £325m refinance of a significant mixed use development in central London.
- Acting for the lender on the financing of the acquisition and development of a significant regional air transport facility.
- Acting for the borrower on a debt for equity swap, restructuring and £70m refinance of a substantial UK property portfolio.
- Acting for the borrower of Sharia compliant funding to assist with the acquisition of student and private rented sector accommodation.
Chris joined Wedlake Bell in 2015 from the London office of a leading national firm. He moved to London from New Zealand in 1996. Chris qualified in New Zealand in 1991 and then in England and Wales in 2001.
"Chris Vause is 'an expert in financing, structuring and restructuring property development transactions.'"
— Legal 500, 2017