Partner, Head of Trade Marks
T: +44 (0)20 7406 1671
M: +44 (0)7702 519936
A UK Chartered and European Trade Mark and Design Attorney, Charlotte’s brand protection expertise includes trade marks, designs and IP strategy and management.
Charlotte’s work includes IP clearance, advising on filing strategies and the prosecution of UK, EU and international trade marks. She also handles oppositions, negotiates agreements and represents clients at hearings before the UK IPO. She is experienced in invalidity and revocation proceedings, as well as advising on infringement and passing off matters. Charlotte conducts and advises on due diligence projects, and company name, customs and domain name disputes.
Charlotte has a fantastic reputation in the market as a technically excellent attorney with superb client skills.
- Lead in assisting clients with day to day trade mark and design portfolio management;
- Advising leading accommodation and housing company in relation to the settlement of various EU oppositions, including settlement agreement and acquisition of conflicting trade marks;
- Advising luxury goods manufacturer and retailer in a complex trade mark opposition, infringement and cancellation actions based in Peru;
- Successfully represented a cosmetic company in various customs and counterfeiting matters throughout the UK and EU;
- Successfully represented a leading financial investment company at ICANN in respect of several domain name disputes;
- Successfully represented an international foreign exchange company in various company name disputes.
Charlotte joined Wedlake Bell in September 2021 from Deloitte Legal where she head up the trade mark and design practice. Prior to Deloitte Legal, Charlotte trained and qualified at the specialist trade mark and patent firm Keltie.
Charlotte is a member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys and IPREG, qualifying as a trade mark attorney in 2013, being awarded the Adrian Spencer Memorial Award for the highest marks in the UK trade mark exams. Charlotte also obtained the litigators certificate in 2017.
Charlotte is also an active member of the International Trade Mark Association’s Young Practitioners Committee.
Contributor to CITMA Review – monthly industry publication
World Trademark Review 1000 2021 – “Heading the trademark filing and portfolio management arm is Charlotte Wilding… Charlotte is a valued adviser who takes time to listen to clients’ questions and dispenses credible, pragmatic, clear and sensible advice. Her combination of speed and precision is striking.”