T: +44 (0)20 7674 0549
Charlotte’s practice covers mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, subscription and shareholders agreements, LLP agreements, corporate governance and general corporate advice, with focus on owner managed businesses, property investment companies and family investment companies.
Charlotte prides herself on understanding her clients’ needs and goals – giving concise, straightforward commercial advice and providing support during negotiations.
- Establishing three overseas family investment companies with combined assets in excess of £100m on behalf of a number of family trusts.
- Acting in various transactions relating to the purchase of a number of Delaware limited liability companies and Luxembourg registered companies on behalf of an English registered company.
- Acted on a group restructure for an English company involving share buy backs, share for share exchanges, buying out ex-employee shareholders, the introduction of an overseas subsidiary and preparation of a shareholders’ agreement.
- Acted in the disposal of the business and assets of a nursing home.
- Acted for the members of an LLP with an FCA registered subsidiary in respect of the disposal of part of their membership interests in the LLP to a foreign bank.
- Acted in the sale of five Panamanian registered companies, whose principal assets were real estate in the UK.
Charlotte graduated in law from Northampton University in 2000 and completed her legal studies at the College of Law in Guildford. She went on to qualify as a solicitor in 2004 with a firm based in Shropshire before taking a position with a London based firm, Taylor Willcocks, in April 2006. She later moved to Cumberland Ellis and joined Wedlake Bell LLP when the two firms merged in April 2012.