Head of Employment
T: +44 (0)20 7406 1628
Blair’s expertise covers the entire field of employment law. He advises employers on high value and difficult disputes, corporate transactions, restructuring programmes and routine employment law issues. He also advises senior executives.
He prides himself on working closely with clients to understand their priorities and to provide responsive service and pragmatic advice.
- Advising a consulting company in negotiating an important commercial contract and managing the large TUPE transfer that arose out of it.
- Advising a global logistics company on collective rights and redundancy payment obligations.
- Managing numerous international projects for a global manufacturing corporation.
- Advising a telecoms company on High Court litigation against former employees involving a high-value share dispute.
- Advising the chairman of a company in relation to employment issues and his shareholding.
- Advising a family office on a number of exits.
Blair qualified as a solicitor in 1997 after obtaining a BA Hons 1st Class in Modern Languages from the University of Oxford. He also completed the PGDL and LPC at the Nottingham Law School. Blair has worked in the City for 20 years, having qualified and worked at a large City firm, as well as a US law firm. He joined Wedlake Bell as a partner in 2017.
Blair frequently publishes articles and blogs on employment law topics and is the author of the Practical Law source material on the law relating to holidays.
SMCR – unanswered questions
Legality of employer decisions
Senior Managers Regime and other regulatory changes
“Workers’ rights to be tested by Pimlico Plumbing at Supreme Court” – Blair Adams comments for People Management
TERMINATION PAYMENTS – THE NEW TAX RULES
“I was defrauded by Weinstein gagging order, former assistant tells MPs” – Blair Adams comments for The Times’ Brief
“Lawyers slam government’s ‘Janet and John’ dress code guidelines” – Blair Adams comments for People Management
Self-employment – going out of vogue
Reporting data breaches – a guide for HR teams
Senior Managers Regime and other regulatory changes – Article for CityWire
Joint employer concept to be tested in High Court – Adam Grant & Blair Adams comments were published in Personnel Today
References – the new and the old
Harassment claims – protecting your business
Blair Adams’ comments are published in the Times – Workplace lawyers enjoy boom time