T: +44 (0)20 7395 3093
M: +44 (0)7785 461 051
Adam works in the pensions and tax team. His work involves assisting the team by researching, negotiating and advising on the pensions and tax implications of a vast range of commercial transactions.
Prior to joining the pensions and tax team, Adam worked as a trainee solicitor in the corporate tax team and as a paralegal in the construction team.
- Advising on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and the Government’s Furlough Scheme on pension schemes, scheme members and relevant employers.
- Drafting and finalising various pension scheme documents, including deeds of retirement and appointment of trustees, deeds of amendment, and deeds of termination.
- Advising on benefits available to members of a pension scheme, including for the purpose of crystallising schemes’ benefits structures and in respect of gender equalisation issues.
- Advising on the grounds of appeal and legal strategy behind a number of high value appeals to the tax tribunal on VAT issues.
- Negotiating tax covenants, warranties and indemnities in high-profile corporate mergers and acquisitions, including by representing clients against opposing solicitors.
- Structuring and negotiating complex property transactions to ensure that those transactions are tax efficient for the client.
- Advising on the forms of building contract, professional consultants’ appointments and collateral warranties for a range of clients, including for the refurbishment of a luxury hotel and for high-ticket residential property.
- Drafting, project managing, negotiating and advising on the construction documentation for the development of various care homes throughout the UK.
- Negotiating construction conditions precedent for the onshoring of offshore real estate assets and accession of corporate vehicles to an onshore facilities agreement.
Adam joined Wedlake Bell in April 2017, having previously worked as a property and disputes paralegal at a residential real estate investment and development group. Adam began his career at Wedlake Bell as a paralegal in the construction team, and subsequently secured his training contract at the firm.
In addition to vocational qualifications, Adam holds an MSc. in Law and Business Management from the University of Law, a Graduate Diploma in Law from the University of Law, and a B.A. (Hons) in Politics from the University of Nottingham.
The Dangers of Mixing Business and Friendship… Professionals Beware!