Pensions Compass – June 2017
28 / 06 / 2017
Welcome to the June 2017 edition of the Pensions Compass.
The summer of 2018 promises to be sizzling hot and we expect you’ll agree, after reading our summary of developments over the last two months, that the pensions world hasn’t gone off the boil either!
This month’s edition of Pensions Compass includes the following articles:
- Clive’s Ready Reckoner – a summary of the hot topics coming out of parliament and the courts;
- an insightful view on FDR v Dutton from Grace;
- reminders about salary sacrifice and increased DB transfers from Alison;
- commentary on the DWP’s April 2017 Consultation on amendments to the employer debt regulations from Clive;
- an update following the crown-dividing British Airways judgment from Alison;
- thoughts from Justin on the Regulator’s approval of the Hoover restructuring deal; and
- a stark warning from Harriet following fines being issued to employers who fail to comply with their automatic enrolment duties.
You will recall that we included an article from James Castro-Edwards in our April edition of the Pensions Compass (Click here to access the article). James leads our Data Protection team, who we are very proud to say are top experts in their field. We would urge any Trustees and Employers alike who are uncertain about the new duties which come into force in May 2018 to get in touch with James as soon as possible to discuss (i) what the new duties are; and (ii) whether you need to make any changes to ensure you comply. As James reported in April, breaches are likely to result in significant fines.
We hope you enjoy this edition of the Pensions Compass.
If you have any questions regarding any of these topics please do get in touch.
Please click here for a PDF version of this month’s update. For further details on these matters or any other pensions related queries, please contact a member of the Pensions and Employee Benefits team.
Alison Hills, Senior Associate and Editor-in-Chief