Trisha Siddique's Service Teams
Trisha advises on all areas of family law and has over 6 years post-qualified experience. She has a particular interest in, and experience of complex financial claims that arise on divorce, often with an international element, including issues concerning dowry and Islamic family law. Trisha frequently advises in relation to the recognition of foreign marriages and acts for a number of client's in relation to applications made in England for financial orders following an overseas divorce,. Many of Trisha's cases involve trust, business or partnership interests.
Trisha also advises on wealth protection via nuptial, civil partnership and cohabitation agreements.
Separate to financial issues, Trisha advises on all private children law matters, from disputes about parental arrangements and financial claims to the relocation of children across jurisdictions.
- Representing the husband where the case concerned the consideration of whether a ceremony celebrated in Eritrea was a valid, void or non-existent marriage between the parties under English law.
- Negotiating and obtaining a significant settlement for the wife of a wealthy farming family which involved complex issues of valuation, liquidity and disclosure.
- Successfully representing a footballer in a cohabitation dispute, with applications for child maintenance and applications regarding properties in England and France.
- Successfully representing a mother in proceedings seeking to relocate with her two children to the USA.
- Successfully representing a mother in proceedings seeking to dismiss the father's application for permission to remove the parties' son to a non-Hague Convention country.
Trisha obtained a LLM at King’s College in London. She has worked in Surrey and Central London and joined Wedlake Bell LLP in 2012.