An analysis of the recent case of Lazari Investments v Saville where the court allowed a landlord to forfeit its lease despite apparent value to the administrators…Read More
Tal Goldsmith's Service Teams
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Contract Disputes
- International Litigation
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Insolvency, Restructuring & Recoveries
- Commercial Litigation
- Recoveries for lenders
- Insolvency and Restructuring Advice
- Fixed Charge/LPA Receiverships
- Contentious Insolvency and Investigations
Tal Goldsmith is an insolvency and litigation lawyer. Tal conducts a variety of both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters and general commercial litigation in the High Court and County Court. She acts on behalf of banks, insolvency professionals, private individuals and companies.
Tal specialises in all aspects of recovery of assets into insolvent estates by liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy, often involving fraud. Tal acts both in specialist insolvency proceedings and in breach of contract, all types of negligence (including professional negligence) and debt claims. In addition, Tal assists administrators and LPA receivers with their appointments, sale processes and issues arising in the course of using their powers. Tal has significant experience in recovery procedures for lenders against guarantors and security providers, and also provides advice to corporate and individual clients regarding implications of insolvency for them and on structuring transactions to ensure that they comply with companies or insolvency legislation. Finally, Tal provides litigation strategy advice to clients of teams across the firm when proceedings are being contemplated and pursued. In the recent economic climate, this has involved significant experience in construction disputes, both in an insolvency context and providing advice in relation to complex and high value claims.
- Investigating, collating and pursuing claims in respect of void dispositions, voidable preferences, transactions at undervalue and transactions in fraud of creditors on behalf of market-leading insolvency practitioners.
- Pursuing conspiracy to defraud and fraudulent trading claims against offshore companies involved in Missing Trader Intra Community (MTIC) VAT fraud on behalf of UK liquidators.
- Advising insolvency practitioners contemplating pre-packaged administration and liquidation sales in relation to a range of issues including statutory obligations, TUPE, contingent claims and ROT.
- Advising pension trustee clients in respect of the impact of the insolvency of a contributing employer.
- Advising construction clients in relation to supply chain insolvency issues, litigation strategy and settlement terms in relation to a number of complex/very high value claims.
- Successfully obtaining summary judgment against an international bank in respect of a performance bond given for an oil/gas contract.
- Conduct of a series of contested guarantee claims on behalf of a High Street lender.
In 2010/2011 Tal completed a nine month secondment with a market leading insolvency recovery team within the restructuring division of a major high street and commercial bank.
Tal also previously worked within the specialist Court team within the Corporate Recovery division of RSM Robson Rhodes (now Grant Thornton UK LLP). Amongst other matters she had day to day conduct on behalf of the Trustee in Bankruptcy of a large and complex estate which included ongoing litigation in more than 4 jurisdictions, and worked on a portfolio of cases investigating civil avoidance of VAT for liquidators on behalf of HMRC as principal creditor.
Tal is a non-practising barrister but went on to train with Wedlake Bell and qualified in September 2009.