The range of new homes warranty schemes currently available in the market is wide but if you are seeking cover to pass on to your purchasers for a residential conversion,…Read More
- International Litigation
- Group Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Company, Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Finance and Banking
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory and Judicial Review
- Professional Regulation and Disciplinary
- IT Disputes
- Injunctions and Emergency Procedures
- Restrictive Covenant Breaches
Sarah Elliott's Service Teams
She provides a ‘first-class service.’
Chambers UK, 2013
Clients praise her ability to ‘get straight to the nub of the matter’.
Chambers UK, 2012
Sarah is 'very eloquent, accessible and responsive'.
Chambers UK, 2011
Sarah advises on a wide range of construction projects from inception to completion. Projects include new build and refurbishment of high end residential, office, retail, hotel, hospital and mixed use developments. Sarah also advises on the construction elements of complex property transactions acting for landlords, tenants, purchasers or sellers. Sarah acts principally for developers, funders, property investors, consultants and specialist contractors.
She has also advised employers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants involved in adjudication, proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court and various forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation.
- Advising the tenant on the construction of a new state of the art 155,000 square foot (with option for a further 70,000 square feet) biotech facility providing a full non-contentious construction service liaising closely with the landlord's solicitors in relation to an agreement for lease, building contracts, pre-construction services agreement, appointments and related documentation;
- Advising a hotel owner in relation to a high end hotel refurbishment in Mayfair to include liaising closely with the project team to put all relevant measures in place to reduce the impact of the works on the guests as the hotel will remain open during the works;
- Advising on the redevelopment of a Grade 2 listed building within the Grosvenor Estate converting it from offices to a single high end luxury family home producing all construction documents for agreement with the project team and approval by the Grosvenor Estate and funder;
- Acting for the developer owner in relation to the redevelopment of a Grade 1 listed 18,213 square feet prestigious terrace on the Grosvenor Estate providing a full non-contentious construction service and advising with our banking team on a refinancing exercise negotiating a new facility agreement with all the related construction issues;
- Advising the owner on the development of a hotel for a well-known budget hotel group; and
- Acting for a developer in relation to the redevelopment of a prime riverside location occupying 4.45 acres to provide 218 luxury residential units with 258 secure underground car parking spaces.
Sarah has a degree in mathematics from Imperial College London. She attended the College of Law, London to obtain her legal qualifications. She qualified as a solicitor in 2002 having trained at Wedlake Bell and became a partner in 2012.
She is a member of the Lexis PSL Construction Consulting Editorial Board and the Society of Construction Law. Sarah also regularly sits on the Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) drafting sub-committee.
Articles & Comment
21 Dec, 2016 | Sarah Elliott
08 Dec, 2016 | Sarah Elliott
In a recent case (Lulu Construction vs Mullalley & Co) the contractor benefitted from a legal uncertainty regarding compensation for late payment and was awarded…Read More
23 Dec, 2015 | Sarah Elliott
Construction analysis: Sarah Elliott, partner at Wedlake Bell, looks at some of the cash flow issues faced when appointing contractors in the construction industry.Read More
28 Sep, 2015 | Edward Phillips
For anyone who commenced a building project after 6 April this year the role of principal designer and the additional client responsibilities created by the CDM…Read More