With 42 per cent of marriages ending in divorce, it is important when advising wealthy clients to put mechanisms in place to protect family assets. Jenny Cutts and…Read More
Rosie Schumm's Service Teams
The team added the ‘incredibly thorough’ Rosie Schumm to the team from Camilla Baldwin in 2014.
Legal 500, 2015
Rosie Schumm 'has a superb reputation'.
Legal 500, 2013
Rosie Schumm is ‘devoted to her clients'.
Legal 500, 2012
Rosie has practised family law for 10 years. She focuses on high net worth clients in complex divorce, financial and children matters, mostly with an international element, often involving trusts, offshore assets and family businesses. She is also experienced in preparing and negotiating pre and post nuptial agreements for high net worth families.
- Negotiating and obtaining a very significant settlement for the wife of a wealthy land owner with a country estate.
- Protecting a husband with a lucrative business based in both Dubai and London from significant financial claims by the wife and settling the matter for a sum representing a small fraction of his wealth.
- Obtaining a swift financial settlement for a wife, a Swedish national who had been living in the UK for over a decade. This included successfully applying to the Court to expedite the divorce process for fiscal reasons and obtaining security for the wife for the future payments from the husband by way of a bank account in the US.
- Representing the wife of a Russian businessman and negotiating a significant out of court settlement to avoid protracted divorce and financial proceedings in this jurisdiction.
- Preparing a nuptial agreement for a successful US based hedge fund manager to protect his significant wealth in the event of a divorce.
Rosie graduated from Oxford University in 2000. She has previously worked for the family law team at Manches and most recently at Camilla Baldwin solicitors in Mayfair where she was made partner and developed a successful family practice. She joined Wedlake Bell as a partner in September 2014.
Rosie has presented seminars for wealth managers and fiduciary services. She has also prepared presentations for family law and private client conferences in Italy, the Channel Islands and London.
Rosie is named as one of the Top Recommended Family Lawyers in the country in Spear's 'index of superstar lawyers'. To view her profile in the Spear's index, please click here.
Articles & Comment
04 Oct, 2016 | Jenny Cutts
12 Sep, 2016 | Charmaine Hast
More time together in the family calendar can often be the enemy of marriage, write Charmaine Hast and Rosie Schumm.Read More
02 Dec, 2015 | Rosie Schumm
Rosie Schumm says a loan from the Bank of Mum and Dad for a marital home comes with strict conditionsRead More
14 Oct, 2015 | Rosie Schumm
Alison Sharland and Varsha Gohil claim they were cheated out of their rightful share after their husbands failed to reveal assetsRead More