Is it time that the regulatory focus in the financial services industry shifted away from the authorisation of products towards the needs of investors? Rosalyn Breedy…Read More
Rosalyn Breedy's Service Teams
- Financial Services Regulatory
- Corporate and Financial Services
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Joint Ventures
The "very experienced, commercial and pragmatic" Rosalyn Breedy provides "excellent insight" to wealth and fund managers in their regulatory dealings.
Legal 500, 2014
"Truly a lawyer for all seasons," she is known for her integrity, conscientiousness and fine judgment in finding solutions to complex issues.
Spear's 500, 2016
Rosalyn has been a Corporate and then Financial Services lawyer for over 22 years working in private practice, investment banking and at a multi-family office . She has a keen interest in financial regulation and policy work and writes and speaks regularly on these matters.
Rosalyn specialises in advising trustees, private capital investors, private wealth managers and entrepreneurs (particularly private equity, hedge fund principals, fintech businesses) and other city professionals.
She provides financial services regulatory and commercial advice, with a particular interest in the development of new products and business models focussed on technology. Rosalyn also establishes private funds, advises fund management businesses and acts on a range of private equity and joint venture deals.
- Acting as a non-executive director of a fintech business and advising a fintech business on strategic commercial contracts;
- Equity raising for privately owned companies involving drafting and negotiating shareholder agreements and advising on UK financial promotion rules for foreign companies;
- Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 advising on perimeter issues, collective investment schemes, alternative investment funds, authorisations, offering of non-main stream pooled investments, drafting discretionary investment management agreements, umbrella arrangements;
- Acting on the acquisition of an LLP and associated real estate assets;
- Acting for fiduciary and fund management groups on fund restructuring, liquidation, realisation of investments, cross border FATCA and Dodd Frank regulatory compliance;
- Advising individuals, Fiduciaries and Family offices on buying and selling private company investments including pre- IPO companies, establishment of private funds and protection of management company interests;
- Advising property funds on AIFMD, EMIR and FSMA.
Rosalyn articled and qualified as a solicitor into the Corporate department at Slaughter and May (1991 to 1995) and joined the London office of Pinsent Curtis (1995 to 1996).
She was hired by UBS Warburg (1996 to 2002) as a lawyer member of a multi- disciplinary change management team concentrating on cross border legal and regulatory issues arising from use of technology.
She then served as European COO corporate finance supporting the heads of the global investment bank before being appointed as general counsel to multi-family office Sand Aire (2002 to 2008). Rosalyn made the transition back to private practice firstly, as of Counsel to the Funds, Investments, Tax and trusts group Withers (2008 to 2009), secondly, in founding a successful niche firm, Breedy Henderson LLP (2009 to 2013) before being appointed as a partner Forsters LLP (2013 -2015).
Rosalyn joined Wedlake Bell as a partner in its Corporate and Financial Services practice in 2015.
Rosalyn is a member of the Financial Services Lawyers Association, International Bar Association and the International Forum.
Rosalyn is featured in Spear's 500 2016 and 2017 Top Five Recommended Corporate Lawyers, please click here to view.
Rosalyn has written extensively for a range of private wealth publications and has presented seminars for family office conferences, accountants , wealth managers, alternative investment fund managers and fiduciary services. She has spoken in London, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Montreux, Geneva, Monaco, Vancouver and Cape Town.
Rosalyn is named as a " Top 20 lawyer and Power Woman" in Citywealth Leader List 2015 and has been included in this year's edition of Spear's 500 as a top corporate lawyer where she was noted as "trusted adviser to budding HNW entrepreneurs and financial heavyweights".
Articles & Comment
23 Dec, 2016 | Rosalyn Breedy
13 Sep, 2016 | Rosalyn Breedy
A family office protects what has been achieved and takes full advantage of all the social capital the family brings says Rosalyn Breedy in an interview with Campden…Read More
01 Sep, 2016 | Rosalyn Breedy
Risk-assessment and good governance should not be overlooked when family offices decide to take philanthropy to the next level, writes Rosalyn Breedy.Read More
19 Jul, 2016 | Rosalyn Breedy
The implications of Brexit for international private investors and UK wealth management need to be considered from two perspectives: How do we ensure that the…Read More
22 Jun, 2016 | Rosalyn Breedy
This article was published in Wealthbriefing on 26 May 2016Read More