The luxury lingerie business Agent Provocateur was recently sold for around £30m by its private equity owners 3i, in a controversial pre-pack administration to Mike…Read More
Richard Belsey's Service Teams
Richard works alongside management teams, international clients, institutional and private investors in relation to private M&A, investments and joint ventures. He has a particular interest and experience in the real estate, financial services and technology sectors.
A selection of Richard's principal transactions over the last few years include advising:
- Warburg-HIH Invest Real Estate GmbH, one of Germany's leading real estate investment managers, on the sale of the Angel Shopping Centre through its offshore SPV;
- SIAHAF, a Far East private family investment fund, on (a) its investment into the offshore real estate development fund that owns Bayswater's Whiteleys Shopping Centre and (b) its purchase of a substantial interest in the offshore SPV engaged in the redevelopment of Oxford's historic Jericho Wharf area;
- Arneg SpA, an Italian leading international manufacturer of retail equipment, on its acquisition of a UK national refrigerated retail cabinets manufacturing company;
- Reed Exhibitions Limited, the UK’s largest provider of trade and customer exhibitions, on its acquisition of Imbibe Media Limited, the UK’s leading B2B media business for the on-trade drinks industry;
- Inatech Europe Limited, a subsidiary of the Glencore group, on the sale of its IT managed services business, together with its outsourced Indian offices and employees, to Enrich, LLC; and
- Andrews International, Inc, a major US security services company, on its acquisition of one of London’s premier security firms.
Richard trained at Wedlake Bell LLP and joined SJ Berwin LLP as a corporate associate on qualification in September 2006. He subsequently joined Farrer & Co LLP as a senior corporate associate in April 2010 and then re-joined Wedlake Bell's corporate team as a senior associate in September 2014.
Articles & Comment
16 Mar, 2017 | Richard Belsey
28 Dec, 2016 | Janice Wall
Wedlake Bell LLP advised Reed Exhibitions Limited on its acquisition of Imbibe Media Limited, the UK's leading B2B media business for the on-trade drinks industry.…Read More
12 Sep, 2016 | Richard Belsey
With Paddy Power and Betfair's £5bn merger in 2015 and Ladbrokes and Gala Coral about to tie up a £2.3bn merger, it is a fair punt to say that the gaming sector…Read More
26 Mar, 2015 | Janice Wall