Wedlake Bell LLP advised Reed Exhibitions Limited on its acquisition of Imbibe Media Limited, the UK's leading B2B media business for the on-trade drinks industry.…Read More
Richard Belsey's Service Teams
Richard works alongside management teams, international clients, institutional and private investors in relation to private M&A, PE and VC investments, joint ventures and the establishment of offshore holding structures. He has a particular interest and experience in the real estate, financial services and technology sectors.
A selection of Richard's principal transactions include advising:
- Warburg-HIH Invest Real Estate GmbH, one of Germany's leading real estate investment managers, on the sale of the Angel Shopping Centre through its offshore SPV;
- SIAHAF, a Far East private family investment fund, on (a) its investment into the offshore real estate development fund that owns Bayswater's Whiteleys Shopping Centre and (b) its purchase of a substantial interest in the offshore SPV engaged in the redevelopment of Oxford's historic Jericho Wharf area;
- Westfield on the establishment and funding of a large portfolio of offshore holding structures in respect of various sites in Stratford City, in advance of its infrastructure, retail and leisure development for the London 2012 Olympics and Westfield Stratford;
- Various offshore trustees and high net worth individuals on the sale and purchase of offshore commercial and residential property owning SPVs;
- Arbuthnot Banking Group Plc on the sale of its corporate finance, securities and NOMAD/broking subsidiary Arbuthnot Securities Limited to Westhouse Holdings Plc;
- A global IT group on the sale of its IT managed services business, together with its outsourced Indian offices and employees;
- A major US security services company on its purchase of one of London's premier security firms; and
- A European VC fund on various investments, acquisitions and restructurings in a portfolio of UK technology companies.
Richard trained at Wedlake Bell and joined the corporate team of SJ Berwin (which has now become King & Wood Mallesons) as an associate in September 2006. Subsequently he was a senior associate in the corporate team at Farrer & Co from February 2010 until October 2013, followed by nine months at specialist VC law firm JAG Shaw Baker. Richard re-joined Wedlake Bell's Corporate Team in September 2014 as a senior associate.
Articles & Comment
28 Dec, 2016 | Janice Wall
12 Sep, 2016 | Richard Belsey
With Paddy Power and Betfair's £5bn merger in 2015 and Ladbrokes and Gala Coral about to tie up a £2.3bn merger, it is a fair punt to say that the gaming sector…Read More
26 Mar, 2015 | Janice Wall