Welcome to the Spring 2016 edition of Quarterly in Advance published by Wedlake Bell's Real Estate Team for all our clients and colleagues in the property world.Read More
Property and Other Asset Finance
Our broad-based Finance practice has a particular focus on the property and oil and gas sectors.
The ‘first-class', growing team at Wedlake Bell LLP handles deals in the £5m-£150m range, with recent work including £100m site acquisition and development financings for Care UK.
Legal 500 2014
"I believe that they offer a very personal service at all levels within the firm and provide sound advice. One of the positive features of our relationship is the ability to contact a partner and discuss an issue at any time." "Their response times are excellent and deadlines are always met."
We advise on bilateral and syndicated property financings for investment and development purposes, typically involving office blocks, hotels, retail premises and care homes. Our clients include banks, mezzanine funders, real estate developers and investors.
We also have extensive experience of acting for borrower clients operating in the oil and gas sector.
- Drafting or reviewing and negotiating loan agreements for syndicated, bilateral and club facilities;
- Drafting or reviewing all associated security, guarantee, intercreditor and hedging documentation.
- Acting for Warburg-Henderson in connection with its £112M acquisition of the N1 shopping centre in Islington and its £16M acquisition of 8-12 Neal Street in Covent Garden;
- Acting for BNP Paribas (as agent), Bank of Scotland and the Bank of Ireland on a £130M revolving credit facility provided to Sunrise Senior Living, Inc for the purposes of developing and operating care homes in the UK;
- Acting for Alpha Bank London Limited on a £48M financing for the purposes of developing high-end residential premises in London;
- Acting for Serica Energy plc on various club financings, most recently on a US$100M borrowing base facility for development of oil and gas fields in the North Sea and Indonesia.
28 Apr, 2016
17 Oct, 2014
ISDA seeks to address the section 2(a)(iii) insolvency unfairness with respect to derivatives.Read More
08 Dec, 2012
In Pankhania v. Chandegra  EWCA Civ 1438, the Court of Appeal upheld a written declaration of trust which set out how the equity in a property should be divided…Read More
15 Nov, 2012
In his Autumn Statement delivered on 5 December 2012 in the Commons, Chancellor George Osborne outlined the way ahead along his much vaunted “hard road” to recovery.…Read More
19 Oct, 2011
There were a number of important decisions made in the Courts in 2011. Below is a selection of cases that may affect our clients and contacts within the construction…Read More